Saturday, May 8, 2010

Outdoor Studio: South Carolina in the Spring


 Our house is over 100 years old, and one of our favorite parts of the house is it's giant wrap around porch. On Saturday mornings, my husband and I sit on the porch and drink coffee on the swing. My husband made the swing for us last summer. It is made out of an old door, an old bed headboard, our children's crib rails for the armrests, and their crib mattress for the cushion.  As we sipped coffee and discussed the day, it was so glorious outside I told him I didn't think it would be possible for me to leave and go upstairs to my studio and start work. Nothing is more glorious than a South Carolina Spring with all the honeysuckle in the air.  I had to paint, so  he helped me bring the studio to the porch! Now we can be outside all day.  Later we are going to cook something out here in the smoker...maybe some chicken.


Contact Mary Ellen

No comments: